The Unreliable Narrator - Unreliable Narrators

Sunday, June 14, 2020

The Unreliable Narrator


So open the door  and look alive!
 
Welcome to my blog! Words can not express how excited I am to stop editing the website's layout and finally start writing something. First of all, I'll introduce myself: as the many, many descriptions you'll find across the site will tell you (seriously, it's a great template but I ran out of things to say about myself, so I just started typing variations of the same thing), my name is Ventura, and I'm a 24 years old trainee teacher from Spain.

At the moment, I'm doing a double major (I'm working towards a degree in Early and Elementary school education), and it is stressful; the last few months have been like watching paint dry while sleep-deprived, as my last two brain cells begged for a more dignified death. So, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and knowing the things I like have come to a halt because of it, what was my great idea? That's right, starting a blog.


My belief is that if I start writing when there's a lot going on, the second things become more quiet, I'll just lose interest and call it quits (I had a blog before, I know), whereas if I have to find ways to stay creative and talk about the things I love while not much is going on, I'll find it easier to stick to this blog for a longer time.

So, first things first: Why Unreliable Narrators? Well, as you may have guessed from the pictures, I'm a HUGE Gone Girl fan. That film/novel changed my life. It helped me get back into reading when I hadn't been passionate about it in a long time, and it reintroduced me to my love of crime fiction. Amy Elliott, the untrustworthy narrator par excellence, was cunning, sharp and had things to say. And, even if I'm not planning on framing my husband for murder (or am I?), I too want to turn this into my personal musings diary.

What will you find in here? Mostly, film talk. I love movies, I love actresses (Nicole Kidman! Marion Cotillard! Natalie Portman! Amy Adams!) and I love the awards race, so get ready for that last one when things start rolling, because it is WILD. I am also an avid TV fan (not the traditional one, I haven't turned that thing on in years), enjoy reading (some post will tackle Gillian Flynn and good ol' Agatha, and their beloved, yet questionable, narrators) and basically consuming pop culture that produces the most hilarious and campy humor (Eurovision, anyone? Any Europeans reading?).

She did this one for us!

Anyways, I don't want to make this super-long, so I'll cut it short. Stick with me while I attempt to tame this template and make it functional, and if I have it my way, this can turn into a deranged, albeit funny, look into my disturbed mind. See you in the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment